In spite of a 9% drop in GDP this year the Standard and Poor’s Global Ratings credit rating agency has reaffirmed Croatia's credit rating of -BBB with a stable outlook.
S&P believes that reducing macroeconomic imbalances in recent years has helped put Croatia in a better position to weather the temporary shock on its economy brought about by the coronavirus pandemic.
S&P also believes that the Croatian National Bank has enough strength to maintain the exchange rate and that its ongoing bid to join the Eurozone will have a positive impact on reforms.
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- Croatia makes face masks mandatory in stores
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Croatia hits new record in coronavirus cases
- 53 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Croatia expected to get invite for Eurozone waiting room on Friday