Workers at the Treći Maj shipyard in Rijeka began receiving overdue salaries on Wednesday morning after 43 million kuna was deposited into the shipyard's account as a first installment of a 150 million kuna loan issued by the Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
According to union leader and president of the shipyard's supervisory board, Juraj Šoljić, workers began receiving overdue salaries from last December.
Over the next six to eight days, all outstanding wages until July will be paid from the first loan installment, while wages for August and the settling of 15% of claims to creditors, suppliers, and subcontractors, will be paid from the second loan installment. The remaining 85% of debts to creditors have been placed on a two-year deferral.
In August, the government decided to allow the issuance of a conditional payment guarantee in the amount of 150 million kuna to Treći Maj for a loan from the Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development so that production could be relaunched in order to avoid any negative impact on the state budget.
- Penava: Serbia does not accept responsibility for Ovčara
- Prime Minister attends Strategic Dialogue on Western Balkans meeting in Geneva
- Prime Minister and Finance Minister present proposed 2020 budget to parliament
- EC dismisses HRW’s claims regarding Croatian border control
- Campaign for presidential election begins to heat up
- Minister says works on access roads for Pelješac Bridge will begin soon