13 indictments have been filed against 29 people for their involvement in the so-called "promissory-note" affair in the former Agrokor concern.
Among those indicted are the directors of companies supplying the Agrokor Group, such as Kraš, Sokol-Marić, Tisak and Nexus. They are charged with falsifying documents and bills of exchange issued to conceal financial loans and not goods received.
Zagreb County Criminal Court spokeswoman Saša Lui: "I can confirm that yesterday the court received 13 indictments from the county State Prosecutor's Office against 29 Croatian citizens under suspicion of forging official business documents. The indictments will be served to the accused and their lawyers within eight days and after the court receives their responses it will decide on their merits."
Interestingly no Agrokor board member is among the accused.
- Teen killed in Mali Lošinj
- Zoran Milanović becomes Croatia’s fifth president
- PM attends annual Munich Security Conference
- Government announces financial aid for Albania and Venezuela
- Defence Ministry signs 38 procurement contracts with Croatian companies
- Coronavirus has not compromised Pelješac Bridge