At the 3rd of May shipyard in Rijeka, after a long period of time, production began today.
Following the approval of a loan from the Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development, salaries have begun to be paid and workers are returning to their jobs, confirmed the President of the Oversight Board at the Rijeka shipyard Juraj Šoljić.
“We can confirm that a bigger number of workers have returned to work, we are cleaning the yard, testing the pipeline and preparing for production. What we have to prepare is docking of a ship and access to that ship, we're talking about construction job 7-3-3, while in the same manner around ten of our colleagues are working on preparing to tow a ship, meaning bringing it from Pula, that's construction job 7-2-3. What we can also confirm is that payment of salaries for February began on Friday and we expect payments for March to also begin today,” said Šoljić.
- Heated debate on Cyrillic script in Vukovar City Council
- 28th anniversary of death of Blago Zadro marked in Vukovar
- Protests held in support of victims of sexual violence
- Slovenian MEPs oppose Croatia's Schengen area bid
- Best Biograd Boat Show yet
- Croatia expecting Schengen Area green light on Tuesday