Croatian Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandroković continued his official visit to China, taking place on 2-6 November, with a visit to Chinese technology giant Huawei.
Huawei is a major player in the fields of technology and telecommunications equipment, including smartphones, and builds and develops digitisation and digital transformation processes in more than 170 countries worldwide.
Senior executives of the company, headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, informed the Croatian delegation of the group's various operations and expressed satisfaction with the company's business in Croatia.
Two memoranda were signed by Croatia's central state office for the development of digital society and Huawei Technologies Croatia back in April this year during the China+17 Summit in Dubrovnik.
The documents aim to strengthen the ongoing cooperation between Croatia and the Huawei in the development of smart cities and in the exchange of know-how between the Chinese company and universities in Croatia, which enables Croatian undergraduates to acquire further education in Huawei research and development centres in China.
Jandrković expressed satisfaction with the talks at the Huawei headquarters, adding that the Chinese group would conduct new business projects in Croatia.
- Croatia Airlines registers massive losses due to corona-crisis
- Milanović: A joint criminal enterprise was one of the dumbest and ugliest fabrications
- Croatia celebrates 25th anniversary of operation Storm
- 36 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Military training ground in Knin named after Josip Markić
- 29th anniversary of Dalj massacre marked today