Tourism Minister Gari Cappelli said the summer tourism season was showing signs of growth after a disappointing start.
According to the latest data released on Wednesday, nearly 14 million people have visited Croatia so far this year, resulting in close to 80 million overnight stays. Both numbers represent mild growth compared to the same period last year.
"In August, we have a growth of around one or two percent in arrivals and overnight stays," said Minister Cappelli. "When July and August are combined," he continued, "there will be a growth of around zero to one percent."
The minister also commented on the importance of the pre and post seasons, adding that the preseason was around six percent stronger. He said that a good post season was expected as well. Cappelli said that the most recent numbers were somewhere within the government's plan, which was growth of around three percent.
- Croatia celebrates 25th anniversary of operation Storm
- Milanović: A joint criminal enterprise was one of the dumbest and ugliest fabrications
- Croatian government sending equipment and 100,000 euros in aid to Lebanon
- 36 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Military training ground in Knin named after Josip Markić
- WWII bomber discovered in Biševo Channel