Bar and restaurant owners say they will continue to respect the government's epidemiological measures, but are calling for increased dialogue in return.
The hospitality industry is hoping the government can find an economic solution to compensate them for the loss in revenue.
Representatives of the national association of restaurant and bar owners on Thursday held press conference on Thursday, saying owners of hospitality businesses were adversely affected by the new measures that were in place starting this week and that their revenue had already dropped by 70 percent due to the new measures and they were expecting further decline.
No one thinks that it is going to be easy, and we are aware that it is difficult to strike a balance that would please everyone but we are also fighting for our profession and for survival, representatives said.
The head of the national association of restaurant and bar owners, Marin Medak, said that they were not against the national COVID-19 response team because they believed the team were doing their job well, but they were asking Prime Minister Andrej Plenković to meet with them and to initiate some economic solutions for the hospitality sector because, Medak said, about 65,000 jobs in the hospitality sector were at risk.
- 2,421 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- New record in number of coronavirus cases – 2,776
- Vukovar Water Tower opens following reconstruction
- Health Minister: lockdown measures not yielding results
- 1 003 people have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours
- New measures introduced to fight coronavirus