During talks in Zagreb with representatives of the Croatian government, members of the Chinese delegation announced that one of the leading Chinese shipbuilding companies could become a strategic partner for Uljanik, wrote the Jutarnji List newspaper.
Economy Minister Darko Horvat has confirmed that he is speaking with members of the Chinese delegation on their possible participation in restructuring the Uljanik and 3rd of May shipyards.
“It is a fact that besides all of these partners that have been interested in shipbuilding in the Republic of Croatia till now, the Chinese National Company is showing an interest to invest in shipbuilding in Pula and Rijeka. They were interested to find out what kind of ships the shipyards in Pula and Rijeka can build. They were also interested to hear about specific ships built until now, while projects that are the ideas of engineers in Pula and Rijeka are also very interesting to Chinese investors,” said Horvat.
- Hvar rings in Good Friday with centuries-old tradition
- International physical education forum held in Zagreb
- Croatia looking to bolster its defense industry through EU funds and PESCO
- Government pledges to help Notre Dame
- Ruling coalition mum on criminal complaint
- Croatia to invest €35 million into tech companies