At today's government cabinet session ministers approved a state guarantee for a loan by the 3rd of May shipyard amounting to 150 million kuna.
Explaining the proposed government decision Economy Minister Darko Horvat said that the budget has been damaged due to protested and paid state guarantees to the Uljanik group amounting to more than four billion kuna.
“This decision proposes the provision of state guarantees for the 3rd of May shipyard company to acquire a loan at the Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development, or other banks, in order to create the preconditions for the initiation of production and completion of ships already begun amounting up to 150 million kuna, with an aim to reduce existing losses for the Republic of Croatia,” said Horvat.
Prime Minister Andrej Plenković added that he believes the decision adopted today is extremely important and calculated. Meanwhile the Economy Ministry will sign a contract with the Jadranbrod Company for oversight and control of continuation and completion of ships already begun at the 3rd of May shipyard.
- Penava: Serbia does not accept responsibility for Ovčara
- Prime Minister attends Strategic Dialogue on Western Balkans meeting in Geneva
- EC dismisses HRW’s claims regarding Croatian border control
- Prime Minister and Finance Minister present proposed 2020 budget to parliament
- Campaign for presidential election begins to heat up
- Minister says works on access roads for Pelješac Bridge will begin soon