Croatia's on-line visitor registry e-Visitor is showing some encouraging data for the economy, despite the coronavirus pandemic that has dealt a severe blow to Croatia’s tourism industry.
There are currently 312 thousand tourists on holiday in Croatia, among them 263 thousand are foreigners, according to the e-Visitor database. Croatia added another 32 thousand visitors on Wednesday, which is a good sign that the numbers will go up even further over the weekend.
Germans and Slovenians make up the largest groups, followed by Czechs, Poles, and Austrians.
The number is still less than half of what Croatia saw on this day a year ago, around 670 thousand tourists.
- Croatian government sending equipment and 100,000 euros in aid to Lebanon
- WWII bomber discovered in Biševo Channel
- Ivo Zorica wins 305th Sinj Alka
- Zlatni rat and Nugal among the 25 most beautiful European beaches
- 25th anniversary of Slunj liberation celebrated
- Operation “Storm” formally ended on this day 25 years ago