Over the next five years 35 million Euros of European Funds will be invested into some 300 technology sector companies in Croatia.
A contract with the European Investment Fund was signed in the Regional Development and EU Funds Ministry today. Funding for innovative startup companies will be managed by the Slovenian risk capital fund Fil Rouge.
"Fil Rouge Capital has so far attracted 7 million Euro of private investment potential from institutional investors, with the possibility of increasing that amount," Regional Development and EU Funds Minister Gabrijela Žalac said.
Economy Minister Darko Horvat added: "With a minimum of 42 million Euro for risk finance investment into innovative projects I believe that we will give our young entrepreneurs some forward momentum and strengthen innovation in Croatia."
- Extradition to be requested for Zdravko Mamić
- Croatia working closer with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Talks underway with USA and Sweden on acquisition of combat aircraft
- Rijeka wins Croatian Football Cup!
- President says EU lacks a clear strategy in terms of economic growth
- First phase of Zagreb Deep Sea completed