The head of the Croatian Tourist Board has reported that the British magazine “Business Destinations” has declared Croatia the best destination for business tourism in 2018.
The Croatian Tourist Board won the recognition in the Europe category, under which awards are given for the best hotels, airports, air carriers, facilities and services that are a part of the top on offer in the business travel industry.
“The award for best business tourism destination is more important for us, because the nominations and choice of a winner are conducted by the editorial staff of the magazine along with numerous readers and users of business services throughout the world. Business tourism represents an important product, since individual and group business guests make up a stable source of demand that is dependent on trends that are most expressed in the pre and post seasons,” said a statement from the Head Director of the Croatian Tourist Board Kristijan Stanić.
Stanić emphasized that research among hoteliers shows that business guests make up 10 to 15 percent of all hotel guests.
With an aim to increase and develop MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) last year, a Congress Division was formed at the Croatian Tourist Board, while the Croatian Tourist Board also conducts a series of activities for promoting business tourism, from marketing campaigns to participation at the most important specialized congress markets such as IMEX Frankfurt, IMEX America, IBTM Barcelona and Conventa Ljubljana.
- Zagreb Economic Institute forecasts GDP growth of 4.7% in the 2nd quarter
- Slovenia blocks 17 border crossings for trucks over 7.5 tonnes
- INFOBIP represents Croatia at EY awards ceremony
- Brodosplit shipyard begins construction of another polar cruiser
- Plenković says Croatia's successful Euro-bond issue is a result of investment rating
- Ćorić through to semifinals in Hertogenbosch