A forum on Croatian-Israeli business cooperation was held in the Croatian Chamber of Economy (CCE) in Zagreb on Tuesday.
The stated goal of the forum was to find innovative solutions that Croatia can apply to boost industrial development at home. Croatian Chamber of Economy President Luka Burilović noted that there was plenty Croatia could glean from Israel in that regard.
"Economic trade between our two countries last year was roughly 60 million dollars. That's truly embarrassing given the potential we have. Research, innovation, development, there's plenty we can learn from them," Burilović said.
For his part the Israeli Ambassador to Croatia Ilan Mor voiced his belief that there is plenty of potential for business cooperation between the two sides. "Croatia is not only football and beautiful beaches. Croatia has potential. I know it, even though I've only been here for two months, I know that the potential is there. I presented today Israel as a start-up nation, which is also open for business for Croatian people. I hope this presentation will promote these relations."
- Extradition to be requested for Zdravko Mamić
- Croatia working closer with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Rijeka wins Croatian Football Cup!
- Talks underway with USA and Sweden on acquisition of combat aircraft
- President says EU lacks a clear strategy in terms of economic growth
- First phase of Zagreb Deep Sea completed