At the Brodosplit shipyard this morning the keel of a new passenger polar cruiser was laid out that is being built for the American Quark Expedition Company.
In contrast to a recently completed ship with similar characteristics for a Dutch client who contracted new works, this is a completely new project.
The Luxurious polar cruiser will measure 128 metres in length, weigh 13 thousand 500 tonnes and be able to carry 200 passengers.
Brodosplit spokesman Josip Jurišić said that according to the contract, it will be completed next year, and besides all advanced technology that it will contain, it will also have two helicopter landing pads.
“It will have a speed of 16 knots, provided by four main motors, a combination of electric and diesel motors. We have a full order book until 2022, with 12 ships. We are satisfied, we continue to work, we are active on the market, and fighting. With this last polar cruiser that we delivered, the client expressed his satisfaction with a new contract. That is the path that Brodosplit continues to travel,” said Jurišić.
- Croatia opens borders to 10 EU countries
- Krunoslav Jakupčić and Josipa Rimac arrested in corruption affair
- No new coronavirus cases, disease takes another life
- No new coronavirus cases, ban on gatherings of more than 40 people lifted
- Zero coronavirus cases for second consecutive day; Shops to reopen on Sundays
- New railway connection between Prague and Adriatic planned