HRAST party Member of Parliament Hrvoje Zekanović warned in Split today of what he called double standards in the sanctioning of hate speech in the media.
The party said that they condemn the recent actions of Ivan Đakić who posted an inappropriate photo on his Facebook page with a text wishing a Merry Christmas to all Serbs, but they added that hate speech in the Serbian weekly Novosti, which Zekanović reminded is financed by the government, is also intolerable
“A picture of the late president Tuđman with a cut off partisan head in his hands has been published. Meaning this is not satire, this is hate speech. I pose the question to Mr. Pupovac, to comment on hate speech in the Novosti magazine in the same manner that he commented hate speech from the side of Mr. Đakic,” said the HRAST Member of Parliament, Hrvoje Zekanović.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar