Uljanik workers have not blocked the Pula shipyard, as they had announced and they will not travel to Zagreb on Monday to protest. They remain on strike at their jobs.
Namely, the strike committee is satisfied with a recent meeting between the Economy Minister and Uljanik representatives who promised them that their salaries for September will be paid at the beginning of next week and money will be secured for payment of October salaries. In the meantime ship owners yesterday expressed readiness to pay advances.
Furthermore the contours of the new restructuring plan received a green light. The management is completing it and mid next week it should be delivered to the responsible ministries for consideration.
Meanwhile workers at the 3rd of May shipyard are on the 18th day of their strike. They have demanded an urgent meeting with Uljanik CEO Emil Burić. At the invitation of the strike committee, they are being visited today by assistant economy minister Zvonimir Novak.
Speaking in Opatija, Novak said he will not bring them news regarding their salaries because the government will no longer get involved. “I am going there because the unions simply asked us to come. In this or that manner the Croatian government has already secured 8 or 9 salaries for the entire group through guarantees. Our hands are tied at this moment, we have no more legitimate instruments, considering the fact that this entire process is being conducted under monitoring by the European Commission. This means that until the restructuring program isn't approved, the Croatian government is not allowed to intervene in the group anymore.
- Q&A period in Parliament, opposition grills government over INA and F-16's
- Reactions to yesterday's events in parliament
- Pejčinović Burić rejects MOST's claims that she is working in Serbia's interests
- Court rejects civil initiative motions regarding referendums on election law and Istanbul Convention
- Justice Minister in Bosnia and Herzegovina rejects request for Mamić’s extradition
- The Winter School of Croatian Folklore in Koprivnica