The United States has donated 170 thousand dollars of emergency equipment to the Croatian Civil Defense Directorate.
Interior Minister Davor Božinović and American Ambassador to Croatia Robert Kohorst were on hand for the delivery of the equipment in Zagreb on Friday.
"This follows the logic of continued upgrading. The donation from 2017 has been added to today with additional equipment, generators, life detection systems, all of which is the last word in this kind of equipment," Minister Božinović said.
Ambassador Kohorst noted that the donation was another example of the strong ties between the two countries. "This is just another great example of the way our two countries can work together, and particularly the humanitarian aspect, where we're able to provide safety and security for Croatian people throughout the country."
- Vukovar gets street name in Bratislava
- Advocate General says border arbitration does not fall under EU law
- Households contribute to massive food waste in Croatia
- 20th anniversary of the death of Franjo Tudjman marked in Split
- Croatian driving permits will soon be valid in US, Canada, and Australia
- National Security Council holds session