The United States has donated 170 thousand dollars of emergency equipment to the Croatian Civil Defense Directorate.
Interior Minister Davor Božinović and American Ambassador to Croatia Robert Kohorst were on hand for the delivery of the equipment in Zagreb on Friday.
"This follows the logic of continued upgrading. The donation from 2017 has been added to today with additional equipment, generators, life detection systems, all of which is the last word in this kind of equipment," Minister Božinović said.
Ambassador Kohorst noted that the donation was another example of the strong ties between the two countries. "This is just another great example of the way our two countries can work together, and particularly the humanitarian aspect, where we're able to provide safety and security for Croatian people throughout the country."
- President sharply refutes reinterpretation of her statements on migrants
- Chinese police assisting Croatian colleagues
- Croatia secures quarterfinals at World Water Polo Championships
- Vukovar mayor opposes court’s decision on Serbian Cyrillic
- President to meet on Thursday with Vukovar Mayor Ivan Penava
- Croatia opens Water Polo World Championships with 14:4 win over Australia