Tourism Minister Gari Cappelli visited the ferry port of Valbiska on the island of Krk on Saturday morning, where he spoke with tourists traveling to the nearby northern Adriatic islands.
Minister Cappelli said he expected "yet another strong weekend." At the same time, he said "the complete data will become available on Monday, so numbers could rise up to 350,000. Like I've said before, roughly thirty-thousand people enter the country each day, and this may increase as we move towards July and August."
For now, roughly one third of the 300,000 tourists are in the Istrian peninsula. Germans, Slovenians, Czechs and domestic tourists are currently the most numerous guests vacationing in Croatia.
- Voters hand HDZ a major victory and a massive blow to SDP
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- SDP's Bernardić steps down after election disaster
- Fifty-seven new COVID-19 infections
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Plenković says he has 76 signatures required to form a new government