According to the eVisitor system some 820 thousand tourists are currently vacationing in Croatia. Leading the way are tourists from Germany, Slovenia, Poland, Austria and the Czech Republic. Most are opting for destinations on northern Adriatic.
Some 4.8 million overnight stays were registered in the first six days of August, which is about 70 percent when compared to the same time last year. This is much better than initially anticipated given the situation with the coronavirus.
"This weekend we expect 70 thousand passengers and 16 thousand vehicles. We're roughly at 70 percent when compared to last year, and as you can see there's quite a bit of congestion," said Jelena Ivulić from the Jadrolinija Ferry Company.
"According to Saturday's data, we're already at the level achieved on the same day last year," added Perica Šiljeg from the HAC Motorway's toll department noted.
- President: Croatia will not support unilateral revision of Dayton Agreement
- Number of coronavirus cases in Croatia in decline
- Numbers of new coronavirus cases dropping
- Croatian troops leave Afghanistan
- Prime Minister attends installation of new Mostar-Duvno Bishop
- Coronavirus spike appears to be declining