Teachers were on strike for an 18th day today - classes were not held in Primorje-Gorski Kotar and Zadar Counties. Tomorrow teachers will be on strike in all schools in Croatia and a protest has been announced to be held at St. Mark's square in Zagreb in front of the government building.
Talks between union representatives and ministers continued today. All were optimistic in finding a solution as soon as possible through dialog.
“A solution must be found through dialog. Let's give the Croatian government a chance to think about all valid arguments,” said union representative Sanja Šprem.
Her colleague Željko Stipić said “It is expected that by the end of the week the government offer will be finally defined and we will take this offer to our members.”
Labor Minister Josip Aladrović also sounded optimistic. “I think the desire and will to get out of this situation is mutual, so that students are firstly satisfied and then also workers in elementary, secondary and higher education,” said Aladrović.
- Government adopts decision to hold presidential elections on December 22nd
- Foreign Minister on an official visit to the Vatican
- Finance Minister says Croatia's key challenge is reducing its dependency on imports
- EPP meeting not to be held in Croatian parliament
- Minister allays fears over price inflation when Croatia adopts Euro
- Massive commemoration held for victims of the Škabrnja Massacre