After the Annual Report on Defence for 2018 was adopted at today’s government cabinet session, Minister of Defence Damir Krstičević touched upon achievements and noted that during its mandate the government is systematically and strengthening and modernizing the Croatian military in an organized manner.
Minister Damir Krstičević said that he believes that Croatia and its future generations need an air force adding that they are still determined to resolve the strategic issue of acquiring combat aircraft.
“Talks are being conducted, meaning the government is still determined in securing that strategic issue for Croatia. We are holding talks with the United States and Sweden, when wehave something concrete, we will inform the Croatian public,” said Krstičević.
- Marija Pejčinović Burić assuming duties as Council of Europe Secretary General
- Central square in Ogulin named after General Petar Stipetić
- Government accepts demands by “67 is too much” initiative
- Unions demand parliament debate on pension reforms
- HBOR and commercial banks agree to new loan deal for farmers
- Production begins at 3rd of May shipyard in Rijeka