The president of the Swiss Confederation Ueli Maurer was on a one day visit to Croatia today at the invitation of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović.
“Our market trade is growing strongly, last year we reached a level of 352 million euros. Croatian exports to Switzerland saw a growth this year, which is naturally good news. In the first eight months it grew by more than 15 percent and amounted to just under 140 million euros, while we imported goods from Switzerland amounting to 103 million. All of this is a good foundation for further expansion of overall economic relations,” said President Kolinda Grabar Kitarović.
Ueli Maurer said that Croatia deserves all support from Switzerland but in his opinion also the European Union.
"From our side we would greatly applaud Croatia becoming a part of the Schengen area, because you are important for Europe. You play a very important role in Europe and you fulfill your tasks very well," said Maurer.
- Milanović: A joint criminal enterprise was one of the dumbest and ugliest fabrications
- Croatian government sending equipment and 100,000 euros in aid to Lebanon
- Croatia celebrates 25th anniversary of operation Storm
- WWII bomber discovered in Biševo Channel
- Ivo Zorica wins 305th Sinj Alka
- Zlatni rat and Nugal among the 25 most beautiful European beaches