The president of the Swiss Confederation Ueli Maurer was on a one day visit to Croatia today at the invitation of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović.
“Our market trade is growing strongly, last year we reached a level of 352 million euros. Croatian exports to Switzerland saw a growth this year, which is naturally good news. In the first eight months it grew by more than 15 percent and amounted to just under 140 million euros, while we imported goods from Switzerland amounting to 103 million. All of this is a good foundation for further expansion of overall economic relations,” said President Kolinda Grabar Kitarović.
Ueli Maurer said that Croatia deserves all support from Switzerland but in his opinion also the European Union.
"From our side we would greatly applaud Croatia becoming a part of the Schengen area, because you are important for Europe. You play a very important role in Europe and you fulfill your tasks very well," said Maurer.
- PM on working visit to Germany
- Croatia marks anniversary of international recognition
- Croatia first to introduce early screening for lung cancer
- Interior minister refutes report by Human Rights Watch
- Green Week Berlin expected to boost Croatian exports
- Plenković says it is unfair for North Macedonia's accession negotiations to be put on hold