A group of citizens and the "Croatian Rampart" civil initiative staged a protest under the slogan "Stop the Marrakech Agreement" in Split today.
In a procession from the National Theater to the Riviera, protestors warned of the dangers of adopting the Marrakech Agreement and voiced their dissatisfaction with government's decision to adopt the global compact on migration.
"We are withdrawing the legitimacy of the representatives of the Croatian government who will go tomorrow to sign, or give backing to the Marrakesh Agreement. They don't have the legitimacy to do so, because they have not debated the issue, they have not asked citizens if they agree with it, nor was there any mention of this during the election campaign," said protest organizer Lovro Meštrović.
- President sharply refutes reinterpretation of her statements on migrants
- Croatia secures quarterfinals at World Water Polo Championships
- INA finds new source of natural gas
- Marić to present 4th round of tax reforms by the end of the month
- Hajduk sacks coach after Europa League qualification debacle
- President to meet on Thursday with Vukovar Mayor Ivan Penava