Parliament speaker Gordan Jandroković laid a wreath at the monument and grave of post war victims at the graveyard in Dobrava near Maribor, Slovenia. He then went to Bleiburg where he laid a wreath and paid respects to victims of the Bleiburg tragedy.
“Firstly I'd like to say that I came here to pay respects to victims, people that were killed without a court conviction, people that were killed out of revenge, people that were thrown into mass graves, people whose identity we don't even know, nor their exact number, there is speak of tens of thousands of people killed, some speak of a higher number. The task of all of us is to commemorate the victims and that is the primary reason I came here today,” said Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandroković.
Asked why he visited Bleiburg today and not on Saturday when a commemoration will be held, Jandroković said that he is primarily concerned with the commemoration of victims and condemnation of communist crimes. He noted that he is against the politization of any gathering where respects are being paid for victims.
- Marija Pejčinović Burić assuming duties as Council of Europe Secretary General
- Central square in Ogulin named after General Petar Stipetić
- Government accepts demands by “67 is too much” initiative
- Unions demand parliament debate on pension reforms
- HBOR and commercial banks agree to new loan deal for farmers
- Production begins at 3rd of May shipyard in Rijeka