Minister of Science and Education Blaženka Divjak presented the results of checks into authenticity of diplomas and certificates, which she began at the beginning of the year.
Minister Blaženka Divjak said that 35 falsified documents were found in the system – 18 falsified diplomas and 17 falsified certificates.
“Mainly diplomas and certificates that were allegedly issued in the Republic of Croatia are in question,” said Divjak who explained what happens after a falsified document is found.
“As soon as a falsified diploma or certificate is found the worker is automatically fired, the person is reported to the State Attorney's Office, an investigation procedure comes next and the judiciary takes over the case,” explained the minister.
- Croatia opens borders to 10 EU countries
- Krunoslav Jakupčić and Josipa Rimac arrested in corruption affair
- No new coronavirus cases, disease takes another life
- No new coronavirus cases, ban on gatherings of more than 40 people lifted
- Zero coronavirus cases for second consecutive day; Shops to reopen on Sundays
- New railway connection between Prague and Adriatic planned