Minister of Science and Education Blaženka Divjak presented the results of checks into authenticity of diplomas and certificates, which she began at the beginning of the year.
Minister Blaženka Divjak said that 35 falsified documents were found in the system – 18 falsified diplomas and 17 falsified certificates.
“Mainly diplomas and certificates that were allegedly issued in the Republic of Croatia are in question,” said Divjak who explained what happens after a falsified document is found.
“As soon as a falsified diploma or certificate is found the worker is automatically fired, the person is reported to the State Attorney's Office, an investigation procedure comes next and the judiciary takes over the case,” explained the minister.
- 223 new COVID-19 cases in Croatia
- Commemoration marks 77th anniversary of Istra's reunification with Croatia
- Constitutional Court President explains decision on Civil Protection headquarters
- Union leader announces possible teacher’s protest
- Government priority: program for economic recovery and strengthening resilience
- 48 new cases of coronavirus infection in Croatia