Minister of Science and Education Blaženka Divjak presented the results of checks into authenticity of diplomas and certificates, which she began at the beginning of the year.
Minister Blaženka Divjak said that 35 falsified documents were found in the system – 18 falsified diplomas and 17 falsified certificates.
“Mainly diplomas and certificates that were allegedly issued in the Republic of Croatia are in question,” said Divjak who explained what happens after a falsified document is found.
“As soon as a falsified diploma or certificate is found the worker is automatically fired, the person is reported to the State Attorney's Office, an investigation procedure comes next and the judiciary takes over the case,” explained the minister.
- Government cabinet proposes law on National Bank in preparation for Euro
- Marin Čilić advances to final 16 of Australian Open
- US official warns Croatia to be wary of whom it sources equipment from for 5G network
- Meeting of EU justice ministers held in Zagreb
- Minister of health has no intention of resigning over asset card affair
- Grabar Kitarović emphasizes the importance of The Three Seas Initiative