Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandroković is aware of the information that the Catholic Church in Carinthia has refused a request from the Croatian Bishop’s Conference to hold a mass in Bleiburg, since the commemoration is under the auspices of parliament, he plans to firstly hold talks with organizers and then decide what to do next and harmonize future actions.
The Carinthian Catholic Church has refused a request from the Croatian Bishop’s Conference to hold a mass in Bleiburg. They believe that the mass has become a part of the manifestation, that is politically instrumentalized and a part of the political-national ritual that serves selective interpretation of history and a lack of distance from fascist views. They also believe that the mass at Bleiburg damages the reputation of the Catholic Church.
According to a source close to the office of the Parliament Speaker, he will first speak with the Honorary Bleiburg Platoon and the Catholic Church or the Croatian Bishop’s Conference that organizes the commemoration, after which he will decide what to do next.
- Extradition to be requested for Zdravko Mamić
- Croatia working closer with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Rijeka wins Croatian Football Cup!
- President says EU lacks a clear strategy in terms of economic growth
- First phase of Zagreb Deep Sea completed
- Talks underway with USA and Sweden on acquisition of combat aircraft