Minister of Health Milan Kujundžić posts on the Facebook page of Živi Zid MP Ivan Pernar in which he shares advice on healthcare is inappropriate and deserves condemnation. Pernar claimed that in order to heal the flu it is enough to take greater amounts of vitamin C and instead of drugs prescribed for depression, it is enough to take a walk in the forest.
“It is truly uncommon, fairly serious and inappropriate. It is something that in the least case is odd and worth condemning,” said Milan Kujundžić regarding Pernar’s foray into medicine.
He agreed that it is a question of medical quackery, which is prohibited by law. “Exactly, what’s more when it’s being spoken by someone from an institution called Croatian Parliament,” said the minister.
Pernar’s giving of medical advice has inspired psychiatrist Herman Vukušić to send a letter to Minister Kujundžić, Justice Minister Dražen Bošnjaković and the President of the Croatian Medical Chamber Krešimir Leutić demanding that measures be taken against Pernar.
“Ivan Pernar has an extreme power for manipulation of facts and there is a possibility that someone accepts his advice for granted and does not seek expert assistance,” wrote Vukušić.
- Government rejects SDP interpellation on F-16s
- People Decide initiative seeking referendum on more just election system
- Tajani offers apology over controversial remarks
- Parliament rejects SDP interpellation on government work
- SDP pushing for vote on amendments to INA's privatization law
- The 2019 Croatian Emigrant Almanac