Representatives from 35 universities and institutions of higher learning from China and 16 central and eastern European countries met in Zagreb for the first international "Belt and Road Physical Education Forum".
Some 120 participants, comprised of university rectors, deans, and senior academics, arrived for the event held at Zagreb's Westin Hotel and hosted by the Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology.
The University of Zagreb and Beijing Sport University signed a cooperation agreement which outlined the creation of university games and laid the foundation for increased student and academic exchanges.
Gao Feng, the Vice President of the Beijing Sport University, said he wanted to see more open exchanges of education resources and the development of mechanisms of bilateral and multilateral exchanges. He also called on other universities to join the forum and contribute to the development of higher education and sports science by becoming a host of the next annual forum.
Meanwhile, Tomislav Krstičević, the dean of the faculty of kinesiology, said the main idea was "to exchange professors and academics," while at the same time allowing students the chance to attend other institutions and gather specific knowledge. "Also, professors and students from other universities will come here. This exchange of knowledge and experience will advance the quality of our study programs here in Zagreb," he concluded.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar