The government has agreed to offer the services of the nation's top art restoration experts to France following the recent blaze that devastated Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral.
According to Prime Minister Andrej Plenković, the offer sends a strong message of friendship and solidarity with France and its people.
Culture Minister Nina Obuljen Koržinek added that Croatia had extensive experience in restoring monuments of cultural heritage and sacred objects.
"This was a major tragedy that has not only shaken France but all of us who know the cultural importance of Notre Dame," said Minister Obuljen Koržinek. "Unfortunately, we garnered much experience in this regard during the Homeland War. Many monuments, including those of religious importance, were completely destroyed."
The minister said that Croatian experts had successfully helped share their expertise and experience by participating in the restoration of cultural monuments around the world.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar