On Friday, Minister of State Property Mario Banožić handed over the first 16 decisions on determining the right to finance rent for citizens who are currently accommodated at the “Cvjetno Naselje” student centre after their homes were destroyed in the earthquake in Zagreb on March 22nd.
Minister Mario Banožić pointed out that, based on a public tender, they have received 146 requests so far. After these first 16 decisions, he expects to have new decisions for rental as early as Monday.
“I would like to conclude all cases here in Cvjetni in two to three weeks, but I must emphasize that we can already see in this first round that there is a lot of specificity in individual cases,” said the Minister.
One part will be resolved in cooperation with the Ministry of Demographics, and for the other talks will have to be held with units of self-government units, and the City of Zagreb. Citizens who submitted complete applications and received a decision on rental were given a list of apartments, being persons who contacted the Ministry because they are willing to rent out their apartment, as well as a list of state-owned apartments with contacts. Now the citizens need to look for an apartment that suits them.
One of the citizens told the minister that he was ready to donate his property in the Markuševec area in exchange for an apartment. The property is old and the family can no longer maintain it. Banožić said that there were such solutions in the draft law, where replacement real estate would be provided for unusable real estate.
“The law is currently being reviewed, I believe that we will keep such a solution in the law, because it is concrete,” said Minister Banožić.
Some citizens, on the other hand, pointed out that they have a problem with renting an apartment because the people they contacted do not want to rent an apartment because they are afraid that the state will not pay the bills. The Minister said that the decision they receive stems from the administrative procedure, which has its own force and "there is no question that it will not be paid to anyone".
When asked by journalists what happened to state apartments, he said that they are on the list that the citizens received and that the state has a company which deals with the lease of apartments.
“I would be happiest to resolve these apartments precisely with this model with the Ministry of Demographics for all those who will not covered by this tender, and enter social categories. We are working on a model with the competent center for social welfare so that very soon these people who will not be included in this public tender, can be taken care of as well,” said Banožić.
Asked about cooperation with the City of Zagreb, he praised the cooperation and said that since the earthquake he had been communicating with the head of the City Office for Property Management, Damir Lasić.
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- Croatia makes face masks mandatory in stores
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Croatia hits new record in coronavirus cases
- 53 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Croatia expected to get invite for Eurozone waiting room on Friday