Search crews at the Plat hydropower plant near Dubrovnik have found the body of a worker missing since a fire broke out at the plant last Thursday.
The remains of 33-year-old Davor Pozniak were discovered last night in a tunnel that connects the plant with the Adriatic Sea. Two other workers were killed in the incident, the details of which are still unclear.
Prime Minister Andrej Plenković offered his condolences to the families of the deceased at the beginning of today's cabinet session.
"We are very sorry this has happened. I would like to offer my condolences to the families, the HEP Company, and all of Dubrovnik Neretva County. The County Prefect has declared a day of mourning tomorrow. We are confident that the investigation into this matter will provide answers as to why this tragedy happened," Plenković said.
The fire broke out at the 252-megawatt Dubrovnik power plant, operated by the state-run power utility HEP, on Thursday. Police said that the fire has followed some kind of explosion at the plant.
- Government rejects SDP interpellation on F-16s
- People Decide initiative seeking referendum on more just election system
- Tajani offers apology over controversial remarks
- Parliament rejects SDP interpellation on government work
- SDP pushing for vote on amendments to INA's privatization law
- The 2019 Croatian Emigrant Almanac