According to the National Civil Protection Headquarters 91 new coronavirus cases have been registered in Croatia over the past 24 hours. This brings the total of active coronavirus cases in the country to 978. The biggest growth in new cases was seen in the capital Zagreb and in Dalmatia, with 23 and 17 new cases respectively.
One hundred people are currently receiving treatment in hospital, of which three are on respirators. There are also 4 thousand 410 people in self-isolation. One coronavirus-related death was also registered, bringing the national total to 115. The vast majority of deaths are senior citizens with underlying health issues.
Since the beginning of the outbreak on February 25th, 3 416 coronavirus cases have been recorded, of which 2 323 have achieved a full recovery. All told 89 thousand 764 people have been tested for the virus, of which one thousand 529 in the past 24 hours.
Health Minister Vili Beroš noted today that the majority of cases are being imported from neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Slovenia, but added: “When compared to other European countries, Croatia, with 81 cases per 100 thousand citizens, we are still among those countries with the best epidemiological situation.”
- Croatian government sending equipment and 100,000 euros in aid to Lebanon
- WWII bomber discovered in Biševo Channel
- Ivo Zorica wins 305th Sinj Alka
- Zlatni rat and Nugal among the 25 most beautiful European beaches
- 25th anniversary of Slunj liberation celebrated
- Operation “Storm” formally ended on this day 25 years ago