In Croatia 254 people have been infected with the coronavirus, which is 19 more than data presented this morning.
Prime Minister Andrej Plenković presented the number after a meeting of the state leadership at the National University Library.
“The coronavirus epidemic is serious, for now we have reached a total of 254 infected. We have a combination of two crises that are contradictory to one another. The coronavirus epidemic is serious,” said Plenković. He reiterated the importance of social distancing and appealed to citizens to take this into account. “Social distancing gives us more healthy people than sick people,” said the Prime Minister.
Minister of Health Vili Beroš announced that an additional 19 people have been infected in relation to data provided at 9am this morning. “The system for detection of those positive with the virus was not functioning for a short time. Now it is functioning. We are still on the climbing part of the epidemic’s curve,” said Beroš. He noted that social distancing is the most effective mechanism for preventing further coronavirus infection.
“Social interaction must decrease,” repeated Interior Minister Davor Božinović adding that it is not easy to implement. “Judging by everything we will have to implement stricter measures,” said Božinović.
- Rapid spike in Covid-19 cases takes Croatian epidemiologists by surprise
- Croatia not experiencing second wave of coronavirus, health minister
- Markotić: Covid-19 messaging to public should be clear and honest
- USA expected to waive Croatia visa requirement
- Coronavirus: 52 new cases in 24 hours
- World Bank approves $500M in economic and quake relief loans for Croatia