The 9th Book Night will be held online for the first time on Thursday, April 23, and feature some 200 programs broadcast on the national carrier HRT and various social networks.
This year's Book Night event will be dedicated to ‘change’, under the slogan: ”You're not isolated with a book!”
The event, commemorating World Book Day and Croatian Book Day, is jointly organized by the Association of Publishers and Booksellers, the National and University Library in Zagreb, Zagreb City Libraries, and the Croatian Association of School Librarians, to name a few.
The Book Night event will feature nearly 200 programs organized and implemented by bookshops, libraries, and academic institutions from all over Croatia.
In its message on the occasion of World Book Day, UNESCO underscores the power of books during this time of isolation, noting that reading was more important than ever. The organization calls on readers all over the world to share quotes, poems, and messages that symbolize the power of books and the promotion of reading.
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- Croatia makes face masks mandatory in stores
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Croatia hits new record in coronavirus cases
- 53 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Croatia expected to get invite for Eurozone waiting room on Friday