21:47 / 20.07.2022.

Author: Katja Miličić

Police and HNS agree to steps for handling high-risk football matches

Marijan Kustić

Marijan Kustić

Foto: Srecko Niketic / PIXSELL

The Interior Ministry and the Croatian Football Federation have signed a security protocol for high risk games.

Minister Davor Božinović said on Wednesday the agreement had been initiated after the violent clashes between police and Hajduk supporters at a highway rest stop earlier this year. It was the worst incident of football fan violence ever in Croatia. Several fans were wounded after police fired live bullets.


The protocol clearly outlines the responsibilities of the federation, clubs, and police at and around the venue and before, during, and after the match.


"We have a common goal and it is to create the conditions needed for people to come to football games freely, to bring their families, their kids, as use to be the case. We want everyone to feel as safe as possible,” said Božinović.


The head of the Croatian Football Association, Marijan Kustić, said the deal would benefit everyone.


“This is a good thing. Everything will be very clear, so fans know exactly when and where they have to go, where they can stop, and that they have all the services they need inside the venue,” Kustić said.


Vijesti HRT-a pratite na svojim pametnim telefonima i tabletima putem aplikacija za iOS i Android. Pratite nas i na društvenim mrežama Facebook, Twitter, Instagram i YouTube!